Thursday, October 18, 2012

24 weeks post-op

Kenz is almost at the start of 24 weeks post-op.  I have decided to hold off on the xrays/EMG for the moment and we are continuing to monitor the situation. Unfortunately this past week has not been good.

Towards the end of last week she started having very regular episodes of 3 legging behavior with the patella locking up. This continued over the weekend and into the early part of this week. I am not sure what to make of things at the moment.

Her training round at club on Tuesday night was a disaster. She was going through the motions and even her usual DB and retrieve over the jump which she is normally mega enthusiastic for was just going through the motions.

In the perfect world with unlimited resources I would go ahead with the joint taps/EMG/x-rays but we don't live in the perfect world and with limited resources to put towards diagnostics which are purely a "fishing trip" we are playing the wait and see game.

Any way tonight I decided I would conduct an experiment and set up a jump grid and see how she did.  Well I think to me its proving that its the patella bothering her more then anything as she seems to have very little trouble with jumping. She lacks a little power in her hind end still but on the all I don't have to much to complain about as far as jumping is concerned.

Not sure where to go with things at the moment but I guess we take it a day at a time and see how things continue to pan out.


No comments: