Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day Long Weekend Update

After my videos from the other night it has been suggested that I should maybe focus less on training for a while and just teach tricks and have fun. So with this in mind the last three days have really been about just that. We attempted another bend grid last night which actually worked much better, after I watched the video. She was starting to get the hang of it.

Aside from that we have had 3 lovely enjoyable walks at the beach. This morning we met up with Tash and Riv but the other 2 days we have met the usual BC people down there. Kenzie is really starting to get comfortable with the concept of swimming and actually was choosing to head out and retrieve the toy in the water this morning instead of Ness. She was also a happily little camper swimming while I walked along the sand bar. No great hurry to rush back to the safety of the beach.

On the tricks front she has learnt to walk backwards and will now offer it a bit too much for my liking. Will gradually work to building more steps but we have a nice solid start in 1-2 sessions. Was able to switch to using a toy reward tonight at the park and still getting the behavior.

Any way in for an absolutely scorching week so I might possibly train a few other tricks in the next couple of days as its something I can play around with in the relative comfort of the airconditiong at home :).

Hopefully will get my point and shoot camera back from the parents when I head to the dog pool with the girls this week and snap a couple of photos of little miss swimming to post on my blog :).

No comments: